1. If I am unable to fill the Registration Form online, can the school be of help?
The online filling up of the Registration Form has been adopted to prevent you from standing in long queues and fill it up at a time of your convenience. In case you are unable to do so, it is suggested that you take help from someone who is technically sound. You only need to have a stable internet connection. Moreover, the process of filling up the Form is very simple and our website has “Guidelines on Filling up the Registration Form”. Read all Guidelines under the ‘Admissions’ module carefully before attempting to fill the Registration Form.
2. If, after submitting the Form, I am unable to make the payment online, will my Form be considered valid?
No, the Form will be validated and accepted only after the Registration & Processing Fee is paid online through the Payment Gateway. Ensure that you have read carefully and understood the “Guidelines on Making Online Payment”, before attempting to fill up the Form. No requests for any other mode of payment will be considered.
In case there is a break in internet connectivity or a problem is encountered during the online payment process, you may go back to the “Registration Form” page and click on “Proceed for Payment if Registration Form already filled”. On the page that opens, you have to enter the 9-digit Form Number received on email and SMS earlier.
3. If payment is made multiple times against the same Form Number by mistake, how will I get a refund?
You should wait to ensure that the amount has not been debited from your card/account before attempting to pay again. If, by mistake, you have paid twice for the same candidate, you need to wait for the amount to be credited back into your account by the banking system.
If no credit is received within seven working days, you need to write to email@example.com mentioning the Registration Form Number, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Parent’s Name, Class Applied For and Date on which Application Form was submitted online. Refund of the excess amount paid will be processed, on due verification of the amount received, after the end of the admissions process.
Do remember that Registration Fee is non-refundable and once paid, irrespective of whether your ward is selected for admission or not, the Registration Fee will not be returned.
4. If, due to some reason I am unable to take a printout of the Form, which has been duly submitted online, what should I do?
You are NOT required to print the Registration Form. Printing the filled up Registration Form is optional. In case you wish to retain a copy of the filled up Form, the email sent to you after submission of the Form will have, as an attachment, a copy of the filled-up Form.
5. Will cousins be considered as siblings?
No, only own (real) brothers and sisters are considered as siblings. If, at any time, during the admissions process, you are found to have submitted wrong information – even if mistakenly – your ward will be rejected from the registration / admission (if selected) process.
6. If, due to unavoidable circumstances, I am unable to reach school on the allotted date and time for Introduction Session/Admission Formalities, can I come the next day?
No alteration in the date and time of Introduction Session / Admission Formalities (if selected) will be allowed, howsoever unavoidable the reason may be. Absence at the allotted date and time of Introduction Session / Admission Formalities will result in cancellation of the candidate’s name from all further processes. Requests for change in date and/or time of Introduction Session, Medical Check-Up and Admission Formalities will not be entertained at all. Such emails will not be responded to.
7. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, I am unable to reach school on the allotted date and time for Introduction Session/Admission Formalities, will the Registration No. be considered valid for the next phase of admissions?
No, Registration of a candidate gets cancelled if the candidate is absent at any of the processes of admission. No further correspondence is entertained. It is reiterated that Registration & Processing Fee, once paid, is not refundable, irrespective of whether the candidate is present or absent during the admissions process.
8. Does the school have a facility of conducting admission procedure at a location other than the school?
The Society running this school has four schools in India, apart from its Head Office at Delhi. Admission process can be conducted at any of these four schools – DPS Patna, DPS Pune, DPS Ludhiana and DPS Coimbatore – or at the Delhi office on the specific request from a parent and on payment of a Special Processing Fee of INR 10,000 per candidate.
The request should be forwarded immediately after the email containing Registration Number and Date & Time of Introduction Session is received. However, it should be noted that all processes must be completed within the announced schedule. No extension will be granted beyond the last scheduled date of the process.
9. Is the physical presence of the candidate and/or parents necessary during the admission process?
Introduction Session - It is mandatory for the candidate and both parents to be physically present at the time of Introduction Session.
Pre-Admission Medical Check-Up – The candidate selected for admission must visit the designated hospital for the medical check-up. At least one parent should accompany the child.
Final Admission Formalities – It must be ensured that payment of admission fees is made through eCMS / NEFT by 04:00 p.m. on the prescribed date. Both parents, without the child, are required to visit the school for completing admission formalities. The receipt for the fees paid will be given and parents will be required to sign on the Indemnity Bond. NACH Mandate Forms will also need to be signed.
Absence of any of the above persons at any stage of the admission process will result in cancellation of registration / withdrawal of offer of admission without any further reference.
10. How can I upload the photographs?
Click a photograph as per the given specifications and save it on your computer as a .jpeg image (size limit 150KB).
There are specific links on the Form to upload the photographs.
Click on “Browse” and select the location where the scanned photograph / image file has been saved.
Select the file by clicking on it.
11. How can I upload the Date of Birth Certificate?
Scan the certificate and save it on your computer as a .jpeg file (size limit 350KB).
Using the link given on the form, upload the scanned certificate.
To locate the saved .jpeg file, click on “Browse” and select the location where the image file was saved.
Select the file by clicking on it.
12. Can I submit photographs different from the one uploaded in the Registration Form?
No. The photographs to be brought at the time of Introduction Session should be identical to the ones uploaded at the time of filling up the Form.
13. If, while filling up the Form, I have missed out on any detail or made a mistake, can I complete/alter that field by hand on the printout of the Registration Form? Can I make any change in the data submitted online at a later stage?
Once submitted and online payment made, no alteration/change, howsoever minor, will be allowed on the Registration Form. The submitted Form cannot be retrieved to make changes, hence such requests will go unanswered. It is expected that all information given under ‘Admissions’ module on the school website be thoroughly read and understood, before the Form is filled, to avoid any mistakes.
14. In case I do not receive the SMS/Email after submitting the Registration Form and making payment successfully (amount is debited from my card/account), what should I do?
If no SMS/email is received within one workingday from successful registration and payment, you must check your Junk/Spam folder and also recheck that you filled up the correct email ID and mobile number in the Form. If you still find that no SMS/email has been received, you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the email should necessarily contain the Application Form Number, Name of the Candidate and Class Applied For. Both, the SMS and the email, sent immediately after successful payment of Registration Fee will mention the Registration Number, date and time of Introduction Session and documents to be brought.
15. Suppose my documents are not as per the requirements of the school, will I be given some other date to report with proper documents?
No extension of time will be given to fulfill deficiency in documents sought by the school at any stage of the admissions process. The photocopies of the original documents shall be verified and retained by the school at the time of the Introduction Session. The school may also scan the original documents for our records. All originals will be returned immediately. Registration of the candidate will be summarily cancelled in the absence of required original documents.
16. Is the age criterion being followed very rigidly? Can any grace period be given to a child whose age falls short of or exceeds by just one day or a few days?
Yes, age criteria are strictly adhered to. Even a day’s difference is not acceptable. This is to facilitate a fair and just admissions process and as per prescribed norms.
17. Can I submit any other document as proof of date of birth, contrary to what is prescribed?
No. Only the Date of Birth Certificate issued by a Municipal Corporation / Panchayat / Local Government Authority will be accepted. In case the original is not available, please get a duplicate copy issued from the issuing authority and produce it at the time of the Introduction Session. Without producing the Original valid Birth Certificate, as stated above, for verification at the time of Introduction Session, your ward will not be allowed to participate in the Introduction Session and the Registration will be cancelled. Date of Birth certificate issued by a Doctor / Nursing Home / Hospital or an Affidavit is not acceptable.
18. If my ward falls under the category of SC/ST/OBC, but does not have a certificate in his/her name, can the certificate of father be submitted as a proof?
Yes, father’s caste certificate can be submitted as a supporting document but the caste certificate for the child needs to be submitted within three months, if admission is granted. It may also be noted that the caste certificate is only for our records and does not play any part in the selection of candidates for admission.
19. If my ward does not have an Aadhaar card now, what should I do?
Aadhaar Number is not mandatory any more. In case there is a decision to the contrary, we will ask for the same later.
20. I am going to be transferred to your city in the month of April, 2019; hence I have still not rented a house. How can I give you my preference of Transport?
For this you need to make a decision and select your preferred locality right now. Change requests from school transport to supervision or vice-versa, after admission, (if granted) will not be entertained.
21. Is there any special quota for NRI / OCI children?
NRI / OCI children are treated at par with other children during the admissions process. There is no special consideration, nor preference given, to an NRI / OCI candidate.
22. If my address changes in the future, what shall be the procedure to update the same in school records?
You need to contact the school office with relevant documents.
23. If I have opted for School Transport and chosen a Bus Stop for my child, can I request a change to Supervision or make my child board from a different bus stop, after admission?
If you want to change your bus stop or opt for ‘Supervision’, it implies that the Residence Address filled up by you in the Registration Form was incorrect. Your child will have to use the bus stop opted for, at the time of Registration, for at least one full academic session, if granted admission, and neither can commuting under own supervision be allowed. Please do not approach the school with any such requests as these will be rejected outright.
24. What is the process of fee collection through NACH mandate?
Fee is collected by the school on bi-monthly basis through a document called the National Automated Clearing House (NACH) Mandate, which is given by the parent at the time of final admission. This mandate, signed by the account holder, is registered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) after the issuer’s bank approves it.
In case the NACH mandate is not registered by NPCI due to difference in account holder’s signature, the parent / account holder will need to visit the school to fill up and submit another NACH mandate form. It is to be noted that the NACH mandate form is like a cheque with its validity and amount variable according to what is selected.
25. How do I communicate with the school during the Admissions Process?
It is strongly advised that you write to the school on email@example.com mentioning the Application Form Number, Registration Number, Name of the Candidate, Parent’s Name, Date of Birth, Class Applied For and Date on which Application was submitted online. Subject of the email should necessarily contain Application Form Number, Name of the Candidate & Class Applied For. No admission-related queries will be entertained over the telephone or in person by visiting the school.
26. How will I be informed about the Introduction Session and Admission Result?
All communication from the school during the admissions process will be through email and SMS. Parents will be intimated about the Admission Results through email as well as SMS on the scheduled date. Any request for the result to be intimated through telephone or in person will neither be entertained nor responded to.
27. Can my child be transferred from one DPS to another?
There is no system of automatic admission from one DPS to another, since the ownership and managements generally differ. All rules of admission of the school you are seeking admission to need to be complied with in toto. However, other parameters remaining equal, a student from another DPS has an edge at the time of admission.
Do note that “Supervision” is allowed only from the areas/localities specified. Also note that “Supervision” will be allowed only by own private vehicle or by a commercial vehicle authorised to transport school-children by the appropriate government authority. The school actively discourages violation of laws and safety norms for school-children and advises parents to be careful in choosing transport for their children.